What was happening in science in the 1960s?
1960: Artificial suntanning cream is developed. 1960: The solar system is estimated to be 4.9 billion years old. 1960: The USS George Washington, a state-of-the-art nuclear-powered submarine, is launched. 1960: April 1 Tiros 1, the first weather satellite, is launched.
What are the major discoveries and development in science timeline?
Sep 8, 1543. The heliocentric model-Nicolaus Copernicus.
What is the timeline of the history of science?
A Brief History of Science | PBS….
|Years BP||Events in Earth History|
|2 600||era of Greek science, based on philosophy (Aristotle, Pythagoras)|
|1 000||Chinese invented printing|
|700||experimental science of William of Occam|
|500||Earth orbits the Sun (Copernicus)||first printing press (Caxton)|
What are the top 10 discoveries of all time?
Top 10 inventions that changed the world
- Printing press.
- Internal combustion engine.
- Light bulb.
What is the most important science discovery?
Oxygen has often been called the most important discovery of science.
Which discovery from the last 50 years have been the most useful in the world?
1. Antibiotics. While the initial discovery of penicillin in 1928 by Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming and further antibiotic discoveries that were made in the 1940s, all medical application and further development of antibiotics reached the golden spot in 1960’s.
What were some discoveries in the 1960s?
Six Tech Advancements from the 60s That Changed the World
- DRAM (the stuff in your computer)
- Telstar, the First Commercial Satellite.
- BASIC Programming Language.
- LEDs and Electroluminescent Panels.
- Direct Distance Dialing.
- The birth of the Internet (sort of)
What was the first scientific discovery?
On August 21, 1609, Galileo introduced his first scientific discovery of the telescope that amazed the whole world.