What is the best medicine for keratosis pilaris?
How to Treat Keratosis Pilaris, According to Dermatologists
- CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin.
- AmLactin Ultra Smoothing Intensely Hydrating Cream.
- Paula’s Choice Weightless Body Treatment 2% BHA.
- DERMAdoctor KP Duty Dermatologist Formulated Body Scrub.
- First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub With 10% AHA.
How do I get rid of stubborn keratosis pilaris?
Treating keratosis pilaris at home
- Exfoliate gently. When you exfoliate your skin, you remove the dead skin cells from the surface.
- Apply a product called a keratolytic. After exfoliating, apply this skin care product.
- Slather on moisturizer.
What will dermatologist prescribe for keratosis pilaris?
What is the best medication for keratosis pilaris?
|Best medications for keratosis pilaris|
|Keralac (urea)||Topical Emollients||OTC|
|Amlactin (ammonium lactate)||Alpha-hydroxy acids||OTC|
|Atralin (tretinoin)||Topical Retinoid||Rx|
|Differin (adapalene)||Topical Retinoid||OTC (higher strength as Rx)|
Is AHA or BHA better for keratosis pilaris?
If your skin is prone to keratosis pilaris and does not respond well to salicylic acid, you can use an AHA exfoliant instead or combine or alternate AHA and BHA products. While AHA is great for removing dead skin cells, it cannot penetrate into the pore.
Which Eucerin is best for keratosis pilaris?
Eucerin UreaRepair PLUS 10% Urea Lotion has been specially formulated for the intensive care of dry skin and is often used as a treatment for Keratosis Pilaris.
Is Nivea Good for keratosis pilaris?
Nivea Crème We recommend this multi-purpose cream because it’s thick and has a fast-absorbing formula. Plus, it contains a ~*special*~ ingredient to keep your body moisturized all day.
Is Vitamin C good for keratosis pilaris?
Vitamin C can also be used to repair damage to your skin such as keratosis pilaris, and it is vital in maintaining healthy skin.