Is World Geography important for UPSC mains?
Geography is an important subject as far as the UPSC civil services exam is concerned. It is a part of the UPSC prelims and mains exams. Geography is also an optional subject offered by the commission and as far as the numbers go, it is an immensely popular optional.
Is NCERT Geography enough for UPSC mains?
Is Geography NCERT Enough for UPSC Mains? Yes, this is compulsory for all the candidates to go through the NCERT books for learning the best topics and covered areas. It is enough for you in the UPSC preparation if you will provide it with adequate time and concentration.
How can I study Geography for UPSC mains?
How to prepare geography syllabus for UPSC
- Read NCERTs: Start out by covering GeographyNCERTs from class VIII to XII.
- Basic books: Next, thoroughly study the basic books of geography, which includes Certificate Physical and Human Geography by GC Leong and Geography of India by Majid Husain.
Which book is best for Geography for UPSC mains?
Geography books for UPSC, state government and other competitive exams
- Geography of India by Majid Husain.
- Oxford Student Atlas for India by Oxford University Press.
- Geography Of India (The Gist of NCERT) by Mahesh Kumar Barnwal.
- Quick Geography for Competitive Exams by Disha Experts.
Is 6 to 12 NCERT enough for UPSC geography?
Yes NCERT is enough geography for the upsc main Examination. Geography is one of the important subjects in upsc examination.
How do you ace in geography?
Here are tips and tricks for geography which you can best use to achieve 100 in the subject.
- Revise as many times as possible.
- Make flow-charts for quick revision.
- Revise and read from NCERT textbook as the main book.
- Practice maps.
- Exercise separate questions related to maps.
- Practice data-based questions.
Which NCERT is best for world geography?
NCERT. Reading NCERT textbooks from grade VI-XII will be the best option for you. Most questions are asked from NCERT books, and it will also cover all your topics.
Can I skip geography NCERT?
You can also skip the note-making process of NCERT books for UPSC. Generally, for history, the old NCERT books are recommended and, for geography, new ones. However, our NCERT compilations are in tune with the UPSC preparation needs.
Is 11th geography enough for UPSC?
Yes almost it’s enough to prepare geography with NCERT it helps you but with that, I suggest please refer any other reference books as well it helps you to understand concepts and topics clearly. Regarding geography in UPSC, it is mostly a static subject.