How do you cite the Iliad in text?
from the line numbers. E.g., Book 1, lines 1-8 of the Iliad would be cited as: (1.1-8). When citing plays, use Arabic numerals inside parentheses and use periods to separate act, scene, and line numbers; e.g., Act 2, scene 2, lines 56-89 would be cited as: (2.2. 56-89).
What do you need to cite?
ALWAYS CITE, in the following cases:
- When you quote two or more words verbatim, or even one word if it is used in a way that is unique to the source.
- When you introduce facts that you have found in a source.
- When you paraphrase or summarize ideas, interpretations, or conclusions that you find in a source.
How do you in-text cite a database?
Online Database Citation Structure: Last, First M. “Article Title.” Publication Title, volume, number, issue (if provided), Date published, Page numbers (if applicable). Database Name, DOI or URL.
What is the difference between a reference and a citation?
The terms reference and citation are also often used to refer to the same thing although a citation tends to mean the part of the text within your assignment where you acknowledge the source; whilst a reference usually refers to the full bibliographic information at the end.
How do you cite the Republic MLA?
MLA (7th ed.) Plato, , and Allan Bloom. The Republic. New York: Basic Books, 1968. Print.
How do you cite metamorphoses in-text?
MLA (7th ed.) Ovid, , and Charles Martin. Metamorphoses. New York: W.W. Norton & Co, 2004.
How do you cite Galileo in MLA?
MLA Citations for Galileo. Author. “Title of article.” Title of Periodical Periodical Date: Page numbers . Name of Database.
How do you cite a leviathan in MLA?
- MLA. Hobbes, Thomas, 1588-1679. Leviathan. Baltimore :Penguin Books, 1968.
- APA. Hobbes, Thomas, 1588-1679. ( 1968). Leviathan. Baltimore :Penguin Books,
- Chicago. Hobbes, Thomas, 1588-1679. Leviathan. Baltimore :Penguin Books, 1968.
How do you cite a primary source in-text?
Author’s Last Name, First Name. “Title of Primary Source Document: Subtitle.” Year of creation. Title of Website, Publisher of Website, Publication Date, URL.
How do you cite a Cinahl database?
- Perform a search in any EBSCOhost database.
- Click on the title of any article or eBook from your list that you want to cite.
- Click on the Cite icon on the right side of the item page:
- Citation Format will appear above the article or eBook cited in multiple formats.
How do you cite something?
If you are directly quoting from a work, include the author, year of publication, and the page number for the reference (preceded by “p.”). Introduce the quotation with a signal phrase that includes the author’s last name followed by the date of publication in parentheses.
Is it wrong to not cite sources?
Citing sources properly is essential to avoiding plagiarism in your writing. Not citing sources properly could imply that the ideas, information, and phrasing you are using are your own, when they actually originated with another author. Plagiarism doesn’t just mean copy and pasting another author’s words.
How do you cite a database IEEE?
Referencing elements to cite:
- [#] Reference number matching the in-text citation number)
- Author’s first initial. Author’s second initial, if provided.
- Title of the dataset, in italics.
- Volume number, if available.
- Place of Publication.
- Publisher/Production information.
- Year of Publication.
- Accessed on: Abbrev. Month.