How do I check my listener Ora?
ora is in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin with a soft link to the ORACLE_SID location. In windows, look for the tns_admin registry entry. If tns_admin is set then you should be able to use a network alias, not the full “(DESCRIPTION…” connect string. The TNS_ADMIN parm tells Oracle clients where to find the listener.
How do I fix ORA-12514 TNS listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor?
The solutions to ORA-12514 are to make sure the following things:
- The database is available. If there’s no instance, then no service name will register with the listener.
- The service names are matched.
- The host and port are both right.
- Instance registers it services with the right listener.
What is Oracle SQL * Net?
SQL*Net release 2.3. 3 is Oracle Corporation’s latest remote data access software. It enables both client-server and server-server communications across any network. With SQL*Net, databases and their applications can reside on different computers and communicate as peer applications.
How do I know if Oracle Listener is running on Windows?
In Windows go to start run and type services. msc a service window will come which contain the information of all the services are running in your system. Now simply check for the Oracle Listener service. If it say started its means that oracle listener is running.
How do I start Oracle listener in Windows?
To start Oracle Net Listener, do the following:
- Start the listener with the Listener Control utility.
- Start the database, as follows:
- Confirm that database service registration with the listener has completed using the Listener Control utility using the following command: LSNRCTL> SERVICES [listener_name]
How do I find Oracle service name?
- Jakobsen:Just run the command Show parameter service_name.
- @GauravSoni AFAIK show parameter is a SQL/Plus command, and I’m not sure whether SQL Developer supports a SQL/Plus prompt.
- “Show parameter service_name;” returns error “Show parameters query failed”.
Can’t connect to the database ORA-01034 Oracle not available?
An ORA-01034 error is triggered due to the Oracle system not being available or started up. This could derive from the System Global Area (SGA) necessitating more storage space than what is currently being allocated for your Oracle database.