What is the best compliment to give someone?
- Your smile is contagious.
- I bet you make babies smile.
- You have the best laugh.
- You light up the room.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- If cartoon bluebirds were real, a couple of ’em would be sitting on your shoulders singing right now.
- You’re like sunshine on a rainy day.
How do you say no presentation?
Presentation Transcript Refusal Strategies • EXPLAIN WHY • State your feelings. Tell the other person that the suggested activity or behavior goes against your values or beliefs. Refusal Strategies • SUGGEST ALTERNATIVES • Propose a safe, healthful activity to do instead.
What do you say to a friend who is sad?
24 non-wrong things to say to the sad person in your life
- Can I help by doing x y or z?
- This is a temporary-yet-painful situation.
- It IS hard to imagine a way out of this mess.
- I’m here to listen whenever you need me.
- I’m so glad we’re friends.
- I’m sorry you have to go through this.
How do you say no book summary?
“People pleasers” can’t stand rejection; the idea of saying no fills them with dread. Successful people know how to say no. You aren’t responsible for other people’s negative feelings when you turn them down. The more often you say no now, the less often you’ll have to say in the future.
How do you say you’re not okay?
Ways to Say You’re Not OK
- ‘ME’ – How does this person make me feel? When someone takes the time to ask ‘R U OK’ we need to start by appreciating that this person cares enough to stop and ask the question.
- ‘I’ – How am I feeling? How are you feeling?
- YOU – How can you help me?
- WE – What can we do together?
What can make someone smile?
15 Easy Ways to Make Others Smile
- Crack a dad joke or terrible pun.
- Give a genuine compliment.
- Reach out to someone you miss.
- Send your mom or loved one “just because” flowers.
- Tell someone you’re proud of them.
- Write and send a handwritten letter or note.
- Listen fully.
What to say when you know someone is not OK?
What to do when someone’s not ‘OK’
- Talk it out. Encourage the person to articulate how they are feeling or what is bothering them.
- Ask how you can help.
- Suggest further help.
- Follow up on how they are going.
- Consider your own mental health.
What to say to brighten up someone’s day?
20 Texts To Brighten Someone’s Day!
- Hey! I was just thinking about you and wanted to check in and see how you’re doing.
- What’s up?! I hope your day is going good so far!
- Today is going to be good.
- What is something good that has happened to you recently?
- We should hang out sometime.
- Thanks for being my friend!
- I think you’re awesome (just sayin’)
How do you praise someone in one word?
So here’s a hundred ready-made compliments to try out yourself:
- You’re an awesome friend.
- You’re a gift to those around you.
- You’re a smart cookie.
- You are awesome!
- You have impeccable manners.
- I like your style.
- You have the best laugh.
- I appreciate you.
Why saying no is a good thing?
It’s important to be able to say no so you feel empowered while still maintaining your relationships with others. Saying no helps you establish healthy boundaries and enables others to have clarity about what they can expect from you.