What is a better word than said?
Babbled, beamed, blurted, broadcasted, burst, cheered, chortled, chuckled, cried out, crooned, crowed, declared, emitted, exclaimed, giggled, hollered, howled, interjected, jabbered, laughed, praised, preached, presented, proclaimed, professed, promulgated, quaked, ranted, rejoiced, roared, screamed, shouted, shrieked.
How do you say say in British?
Wells gives the result of a poll they conducted in 1998 among British English speakers concerning various words, with the result that “says” is pronounced /sɛz/ by 84% of respondents and /seɪz/ by 16% [the dictionary uses the transcription /e/ for the DRESS vowel, so they write “sez”, but I’m normalizing for …
What is a word for deep sadness?
What is another word for deep sadness?
How do you express happiness in one word?
- Pleased — This word means between “happy” and “satisfied.”
- Cheerful — This is when someone is visibly happy.
- Exuberant — This is like cheerful — but even stronger.
- Euphoric — When you’re intensely happy.
- Merry — This is a little like cheerful.
- Overjoyed — This simply means “very happy.”
Why is said pronounced sed?
My friend from Yorkshire says ‘sayed’ for said. It can be primarily attributed to the Great Vowel Shift that took place during the transition from Middle English to Modern English (c. 1350-1700s-ish), although there is no firm consensus on this theory.
How do you say sad in British?
Below is the UK transcription for ‘sad’:
- Modern IPA: sád.
- Traditional IPA: sæd.
- 1 syllable: “SAD”
What’s a big word for upset?
Some common synonyms of upset are agitate, discompose, disquiet, disturb, fluster, and perturb.
What are 10 synonyms for the word said?
How do you say something sadly?
What are the saddest words?
The English Language Top 11 Saddest Words or Phrases
- Lonely –
- Terminal –
- Heartbroken –
- Regrets –
- Back To School –
- Melancholy –
- Party’s Over –
- Love – While love can be beautiful for many people, ultimately, it is one of the most saddest emotions and feelings in the world.
How do you say Sad professionally?
How to say “Sad” in different ways
- I feel blue.
- I feel so down.
- I feel very bad.
- I’m not all right.
- I feel depressed.
- I’m out of sorts today.
- I feel pathetic.
- I don’t feel well.
How do you express your feelings of happiness?
How to express happiness in English?
- Pleased as punch. When you are pleased as punch, you are very happy and delighted.
- On cloud nine. You are on cloud nine when you are very happy.
- Jump for joy. You jump for joy when you are so happy and excited you punch in the air, jump up, and generally laugh and smile.
How do you spell happy?
Correct spelling for the English word “happy” is [hˈapi], [hˈapi], [h_ˈa_p_i] (IPA phonetic alphabet)….Similar spelling words for HAPPY
What to text a friend who is sad?
Consider these options:
- “Whenever you need to call, I’m here.”
- “I wish I could be there right now.”
- “You’re still in my thoughts.
- “Your family is lucky to have you through all this.”
- “Maybe I can’t be there, but there’s definitely something I can do.
What is another way to say say?
What is another word for say?
How do the British say Jaguar?
Although we both emphasize the first syllable, Jaguar is pronounced “JAG-you-ar” in the U.K. and more like “JAG-wahr” here.
What is a word for extreme sadness?
What is a better word for happily?
In this page you can discover 80 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for happily, like: joyfully, cheerfully, gladly, successfully, joyously, brightly, contentedly, blithely, merrily, exultantly and delightedly.