What does an organ swell pedal do?
THE EXPRESSION (“SWELL”) PEDALS control volume by opening and closing louvers. These louvers are the only opening of a large box containing a division of the organ. (On a 2-manual organ, this is the Swell division, but occasionally some ranks of the Great and Pedal divisions are contained in the Swell box.
How do you restore Nord Stage 2?
To start restoring the Nord Piano 2, first you should connect your Nord Stage 2 to the computer and launch the Nord Sound Manager. Then, click on the Restore icon in the Nord Sound Manager toolbar and a file browser will appear. Next, locate the downloaded file, select it and click Open.
Why does an organ have 4 keyboards?
With multiple manuals (the organ term for keyboards), the organist can both create layers of sounds for richer textures, as well as switch between different sounds rapidly. Multiple manuals add to the cost and weight. For smaller organs or even portable organs, multiple manuals are often too much of a liability.
What is a stop on a pipe organ?
STOP: A stop is a set of pipes. It may consist of one rank of pipes, or it may include multiple ranks. If an organist selects a stop that combines ten ranks of pipes, for example, then depressing any key on the keyboard will open ten pipes (all tuned to the same note) simultaneously.
How do you reset a Nord?
Master reset from settings menu
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- From the Home screen, swipe and tap Settings.
- Tap System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > ERASE ALL DATA.
- Tap CONFIRM.
- If prompted, enter your PIN or Passcode, then tap the arrow symbol on the right hand side.
- Tap Erase all data.
How do you restore Nord?
Nord Factory Restore Instructions
- Download the Factory Restore file that matches your Nord instrument.
- Make sure the Nord instrument is connected to the computer and launch the Nord Sound Manager.
- Click on the Restore icon in the Nord Sound Manager toolbar.
- Locate the downloaded file, select it and click Open.