What do you say in a marriage proposal?
Getting Nervous? Here’s What to Say When You Propose
- Free-write the reasons you love them — no editing allowed.
- Tell them about the exact moment you realized they were the one for you.
- Say what you love most about them.
- Talk about your future together.
- Simply say those four words they’re waiting for.
What is a good proposal speech?
The Short and Sweet Marriage Proposal Speech Really, here’s the simplest proposal speech example: “(Partner’s name), make me the happiest guy/girl in the world. Will you marry me?” Pro Tip: Saying your partner’s full name (first, middle, and last) makes whatever you say even more romantic!
How do you write a proposal speech?
Here are a few tips that might help you deliver a Yes-worthy proposal speech.
- Pick the Location: The location is just as important as the ring!
- Pour your heart out: As clichéd as it may sound, every girl wants to hear how she makes you feel.
- Tell her how she brightens up your life:
- Keep it short and simple:
- Be YOU:
Do you give a speech before proposing?
Start with a pre-proposal speech Take time just before getting on one knee to share your heart and intentions with her. Tell her how she’s changed your life, when you knew you wanted to marry her and your dreams for your future together. The purpose of a pre-proposal speech is to get those butterflies flying.
How do you start a marriage proposal?
Share a Personal Anecdote Start your marriage proposal by sharing a personal story about your partner and relationship. Ideally, this will be a personal thought that you have not previously verbalized to your partner. For example, explain how you felt the first time you saw your partner or knew you loved them.
What to say instead of Will You marry Me?
- “Will you marry me?”
- “Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”
- “Will you make me the happiest man alive?”
- “You are the one I’ve been waiting for my whole life.”
- “I want to be with you forever.”
- “Let’s spend the rest of our lives together.”
- “Having you by my side is what completes me.”
Which knee do you get on to propose?
If you’re wondering which knee you should propose on – convention dictates that your left knee should be on the ground, the ring box should be in your left hand, and the box should be opened with your right hand.
How do you say yes to a proposal?
- “Yes! I’ve wanted to say that to you for so long.”
- “Yes, I can’t think of anything I want to do more than spend the rest of my life with you.”
- “Of course I will. Was there ever any doubt?”
- “You’re the love of my life, and my answer is yes, yes, yes!”