How much does a magazine pay for an article?
Contently publishes a list of user-submitted per-assignment rates. This indicates that, in 2019, freelance writers were making around $300 per 1,200 word article for some publications, and as little as $25 for an article of the same length for other publications. There is no industry-standard pay rate.
How much does the New Yorker pay per word?
Here’s a rundown of how to contact various sections of the magazine. What they pay: As far as rates go, most freelancers turn to The New Yorker for the byline than the money. Rates of 17 to 20 cents per word for pieces 1,500 words or longer were reported in 2016.
How do you get paid for writing a magazine article?
Get paid to write for magazines
- Check Writer’s Market (print or online) for more. Skip over the magazines that pay low rates, and focus those that pay $1/word or more.
- Get in touch with the editors at custom pubs and trade magazines.
- Keep on pitching.
How much money does a article writer make?
Potential earnings: Beginners earn Rs 8,000-Rs 10,000 per month. Experienced content writers can earn Rs 20,000-Rs 25,000.
What does the Atlantic pay for articles?
15. TheAtlantic.com. The Atlantic paid $150 for 1,100-1,300 word originally reported feature article in 2013. Article was accepted on pitch.
Where can I sell my articles for money?
Get Paid to Write for Flat-Rate Websites, Blogs and More
- Copyhackers. Copyhackers is a content company based in Canada.
- Listverse. As its name implies, Listverse specializes in listicles aka list posts.
- Reader’s Digest.
- Writer’s Digest.
How you can make money writing articles for magazines?
– Write Articles for Popular Blogs, Magazines and Journals – Create Collateral for Content-Hungry Businesses – Become a Best-Selling Kindle Author – Sell Yourself as a Conversion-Focused Copywriter – Build a Niche Blog and Promote Third Party Products
What makes a good magazine article?
Find a Job
What magazines accept freelance articles?
– For science pitches, write to Kara Platoni, [email protected]. – For business pieces, contact Scott Thurm, [email protected] – For service pitches or gaming pitches, contact Alan Henry, [email protected].
How to write and sell articles for magazines?
“On spec”: The first method is to write the article, and then e-mail the piece with a cover letter to the features editor of a magazine. You can find his or her details on the masthead page in a magazine where the staff members are listed. When you send a completed article, it’s known as “submitting on speculation” (or “on spec”).