How do you send a press release via email?
The most effective way to do this is to write a brief “covering letter” press release email. You can then copy-and-paste the press release to the bottom of the email. This is preferable to adding it as an attachment or link, as people can be wary when it comes to opening files from an unknown email.
How do you sent a press release?
How to Submit a Press Release
- Find journalists who might be interested in your press release.
- Get the journalists’ contact details.
- Craft a killer pitch.
- Make your subject line irresistible.
- Send your press release pitch (at the right time).
- Follow-up on your release.
Do you email a press release as an attachment?
Never Send a Press Release as an Attachment So forget the attachments. Instead, simply copy your text and paste it into the body of your email message. It’s also best to stick with “plain text” and stay away from special text formatting in your message.
How do you send a press release in 2021?
How To Write a Press Release: 7 Steps
- Find Ways To Be Newsworthy. As you’ll be pitching to journalists, create a news release with that in mind.
- Write Your Press Release Headline.
- Craft Your Lead.
- Write Your Body Paragraphs.
- Include Supporting Quotes.
- Write Your Boilerplate Text.
- Add Media Contact Details.
How do I send a press release email to a journalist?
To sum up, follow these 5 steps:
- Make sure your press release is newsworthy and error-free.
- Figure out which journalists will be interested in your story and find their contact details.
- Send your press release at the right time to increase the chances of it getting noticed.
How do I email a journalist?
Let’s take a look at some specific things to remember when emailing a journalist.
- Get Straight to the Point.
- Being Relevant is Important.
- Personalize Your Email.
- Don’t Get Lost in the Clutter.
- Stay Away From Attachments.
- Follow Up, But Avoid Being Pushy.
Should I send press release as PDF or Word?
The PDF is the king of “static” Most companies that have a news- or pressroom on their website make their press releases available to journalists. In fact, it is best practice to do so. However, when a newsroom contains releases in only PDF, the PR department will lose on conversion, engagement, and measurement.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
- PRLog: Overall Best Free Press Release Distribution Service.
- OnlinePRNews.com: Best for Free, Short-term Release Publishing.
- 1888PressRelease.com: Best for Distribution to Search Engines.
- PR.com: Best for Free Industry Targeting for a Published Release.
- NewswireToday.com: Best for Wide RSS Feed Reach for Nonprofits.
Can you send a press release as a PDF?
As for the newsroom on your website, avoid presenting product releases as PDFs there as well. The best approach is to set up the release as a hardline-break-free html file. As in all business activities, getting your product release out to the market is all about not erecting barriers to you being able to do it.