How do you read the Dictionary of Occupational Titles code?
In the DOT occupational classification system, each set of three digits in the 9-digit code number has a specific purpose or meaning. Together, they provide a unique identification code for a particular occupation which differentiates it from all others. The first three digits identify a particular occupational group.
How do you categorize occupations?
The ISCO-08 divides jobs into 10 major groups:
- Technicians and associate professionals.
- Clerical support workers.
- Service and sales workers.
- Skilled agricultural, forestry and fishery workers.
- Craft and related trades workers.
- Plant and machine operators, and assemblers.
What are the different types of occupation?
What Is An Occupation?
- Business analyst.
- Construction worker.
- Social worker.
What is national classification of occupation?
This classification gave definitions of the occupations, which give a brief outline of the main tasks and functions of each occupation thus bringing out the difference between one occupation and another.
What does the Dictionary of Occupational Titles do?
The Dictionary of Occupational Titles or D-O-T (DOT) refers to a publication produced by the United States Department of Labor which helped employers, government officials, and workforce development professionals to define over 13,000 different types of work, from 1938 to the late 1990s.
What are the four main classes of occupation?
- Legislators, Senior Officials and Managers.
- Technicians and Associate Professionals.
- Service Workers and Shop and Market Sales Workers.
- Skilled Agricultural and Fishery Workers.
- Craft and Related Trades Workers.
- Plant and Machine Operators and Assemblers.
What are occupational names?
Filters. A name, especially a surname such as Smith or Taylor, that is derived from an occupation – presumably the occupation of a distant ancestor.
What are the four types of occupations?
Let the career exploration begin!
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources.
- Architecture and Construction.
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communication.
- Business and Finance.
- Education and Training.
- Government and Public Administration.
- Health Science.
- Information Technology.
What is PSOC code?
PSOC 2002 contains the Philippine Standard Occupational Classification Code. more. PSIC 1994 contains the Philippine Standard Industrial Classification Code. more. PSIC 2009 contains the Philippine Standard Industrial Classification Code.