How do you find cell with specific value in Excel VBA?
How to find and select the cells with specific value in an entire worksheet using Excel and VBA methods
- Select the worksheet in which you want to find and select specific value. Note: in this example we only want to search and select in Sheet1.
- Select the Home tab.
- Select Find & Select in the Editing group.
- Click Find.
How do I find a specific text in Excel VBA?
The VBA Instr Function checks if a string of text is found in another string of text. It returns 0 if the text is not found. Otherwise it returns the character position where the text is found. The Instr Function performs exact matches.
How do I use the Find function in VBA?
VBA FIND is part of the RANGE property & you need to use the FIND after selecting the range only. In FIND first parameter is mandatory (What) apart from this everything else is optional. If you to find the value after specific cell then you can mention the cell in the After parameter of the Find syntax.
How do I find data in Excel VBA?
To find a cell with a numeric value in an Excel Table, set the SearchOrder parameter to either of the following, as applicable:
- xlByRows (SearchOrder:=xlByRows): To search by rows.
- xlByColumns (SearchOrder:=xlByColumns): To search by columns.
How do you find a cell with a specific value in excel?
Locate the position of a specific value in your data set Or, to use Excel’s built-in functions, select Formulas > Lookup & Reference > MATCH. Returns a number that indicates the first relative position of data in a list, array, or selected range of cells.
How do I search for text in an excel macro?
Searching for Data in Excel
- Click Record macro in the Code group on the Developer.
- Enter a name, description, and shortcut key for your macro.
- Perform a search for the departments that you want to edit by using CTRL+F and the Find/Replace dialog box.
How do I use the search function in excel VBA?
The Excel SEARCH function returns the position of a sub-string first occurrence a string. find_text: (Required) The sub-string that you want to find. within_text: (Required) The string that you want to search within. start_num: (Optional) The position in the within_text from where the function will begin its search.