How do you email a journal editor?
How do you email a journal editor?
Dear [Name of Editor], Thank you for considering my submission titled [title of manuscript] for publication in your journal. I received the first decision (Major Revision) on [date]. I had resubmitted the revised manuscript on [date].
What are the steps of the peer review process?
The peer review process
- Step 1: Editor assessment. download PDF.
- Step 2: First round of peer review. The editor will then find and contact other researchers who are experts in your field, asking them to review the paper.
- Step 3: Revise and resubmit.
- Step 4: Accepted.
How do you thank a reviewer?
How to Respond to Positive Reviews
- Thank the Reviewer. The reviewer just said something nice about your company—it would be poor manners if you didn’t thank them!
- Respond Quickly To Positive Reviews.
- Keep It Short.
- Be Authentic and Personal.
- Invite Them To Take Action.
- Share The Positive Review.
How do you code like a human review?
- Let computers do the boring parts.
- Settle style arguments with a style guide.
- Start reviewing immediately.
- Start high level and work your way down.
- Be generous with code examples.
- Never say “you”
- Frame feedback as requests, not commands.
- Tie notes to principles, not opinions.
How do you write a revised letter?
Format of a Revision Letter
- Introduction: brief context, thanking the reviewers, outline of letter.
- List of changes: a list of the significant changes that were made compared to the previous version, each change attributed to the reviewers whose feedback suggested it.
How do you respond to an article?
Writing a Response or Reaction Paper
- Identify the author and title of the work and include in parentheses the publisher and publication date.
- Write an informative summary of the material.
- Condense the content of the work by highlighting its main points and key supporting points.
- Use direct quotations from the work to illustrate important ideas.
How do I comment on a review?
Avoid overly negative wording or personal comments, point out the main strengths of the manuscript as well as its weaknesses, and suggest specific ways to fix the problems you identify. Also, avoid making overly brief and direct comments, as these can give your report an unfriendly tone.
How do you write an inquiry to the journal editor about the current status of?
Here is a template that you can use to inquire about the current status of your paper: Dear Mr./Ms. XXX [Editor’s Name], I have submitted my revised manuscript titled XXXX [manuscript id: xxxx] to your journal via the online submission system on dd/mm/yyyy [date of submission].
How do you write a letter of response to an editor?
Read, calm down, reflect, wait a day or two before responding, get author input. Always thank the editor and reviewers • Reviewers are asking questions so that the answers can help improve the manuscript. Authors must also add changes to the manuscript. the relevancy of the requested articles for the actual manuscript.
How do I write a review?
- Don’t make your review too short.
- Do include as many details as possible.
- Do use proper spelling and grammer.
- Do give your review a timescale.
- Do be honest!
- Do give advice.
- Do not include non-relevant details.
- Do not write any inflammatory remarks.
How do you write a good peer review?
- Justify your recommendation with concrete evidence and specific examples.
- Be specific so the authors know what they need to do to improve.
- Be thorough. This might be the only time you read the manuscript.
- Be professional and respectful.
- Remember to say what you liked about the manuscript!
How do you write a review response?
How to respond to positive reviews?
- Always personalize the response.
- Always thank the customer.
- Respond to specific points in their review.
- Don’t overstuff your response with keywords.
- Try and offer something of value in your response.
- Target the number of reviews you respond to.
What is rebuttal period?
The main purpose of the rebuttal period is to help the program committee to improve the quality and accuracy of the reviewing and decision process, by having the author point out potential omissions and mistakes (both conceptual and technical) in the reviews.
How do I respond to reviewer comments?
Response: Agree. I/We have, accordingly, done/revised/changed/modified…..to emphasize this point. [Discuss the changes made, providing the necessary explanation/clarification. Mention exactly where in the revised manuscript this change can be found – page number, paragraph, and line.]
How do you write an author response?
General themes for writing the response
- Be polite and appreciative.
- Do not address every concern.
- Address the main concerns first.
- Reference the key concerns in a manner close to how the reviewers phrased them, so they are easy to find.
- Reference your own paper for answers to reviewer concerns.
What are the best review sites?
25 Review Sites to Earn More Customer Reviews
- Amazon Customer Reviews. Amazon isn’t just one of the first platforms to accept customer reviews.
- Angie’s List.
- Google Customer Reviews.