How do I view the exception log?
View the exceptions log
- Click System administration > Periodic > Services and Application Integration Framework > Exceptions.
- On the Overview tab, select an exception record.
- Click the General tab to view additional details about the exception.
What is the difference between AX 2009 and 2012?
Functionally AX 2012 is enhanced and more user oriented than 2009. The Financial framework is completely new and is completely different.
What is posting profile in AX 2012?
Posting profiles specify the ledger accounts that are affected when source documents are posted to the general ledger or when journal entries are journalized.
How do I add an exception to log?
As a bare minimum, add a logging statement or display an alert to notify the user that an error occurred. Ideally you should log the stack trace provided by the exception, or throw the exception and log the event further up the stack.
Where can I find Java logs?
The default location (directory) of the trace and log files is:
- /. java/deployment/log on UNIX, Linux.
- ~/Library/Application Support/Oracle/Java/Deployment/log on Mac OS X.
- \Sun\Java\Deployment\log on Windows.
Is Dynamics AX still available?
As the Dynamics AX moniker has officially been retired, this FAQ will refer to the product as Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, unless specifically differentiating between new and old versions.
Is Dynamics 365 the same as ax?
While Dynamics AX is primarily an on-premises ERP solution providing the core functionality you need to make smart business decisions, the new AX solution is also available as a cloud or hybrid solution – just like Dynamics 365 is – bringing the power, speed and intelligence of cloud computing to people for …
How many layers are there in AX 2012?
AX 2012 Development – Layering in AX and Why We Have Code Conflicts. The Layer concept is unique to Microsoft Dynamics AX Development and can cause some confusion for developers who are new to the AX development environment. In Dynamics AX we have 8 standard layers, plus 8 patch layers.
How do I migrate from AX 2012 to D365?
AX 2012 Upgrade to Dynamics 365 Process
- Analyze the current situation.
- Sign Up for an LCS Trial.
- Upgrade Methodology to Implement D365 from AX 2012.
- Run the Code Upgrade Estimation Tools.
- Deploy a Demo Environment.
- Plan and Execute the Project.
- Sign up For the LCS implementation Project.
What is a posting profile?
Posting profiles are the point of integration between the sub-ledger (fixed assets, accounts payable, inventory, banks, accounts receivable, project, and production) and the general ledger. It is a set of main accounts that are used to generate the automatic ledger entry in which a transaction has occurred.
What is purchase expenditure?
‘Purchase Expenditure for Product’ is effectively the clearing account between accounts payable and inventory. This account is also used to book a difference in original cost and the amount a vendor allows for the return when using a costing method other than standard costing.