How do I play video files on Chromecast?
Cast music and videos from your computer
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Cast.
- Click Sources .
- Click Cast file.
- Select a file.
- Choose the Chromecast device where you want the file to play.
Can you cast any video to Chromecast?
Yes, you can. Although Google markets this $35 pod as a way to stream video, audio and images from Internet sites and apps to whatever TV it’s plugged into — and its help pages don’t describe any other use — the Chromecast can also play many files on your computer, phone or tablet.
Can you Chromecast videos from Google Drive?
Like most Chromecast-compatible apps, start by tapping the cast icon at the top, then selecting the Chromecast you want to connect to. Now, just navigate through your Drive folder and tap a video to play it. LocalCast supports videos encoded with the VP8 or H. 264 codecs.
Which media player can cast to TV?
VLC media player
Install the Google Home app (Chromecast app) on your Android device and pair your Chromecast to it. Open VLC media player and start the file you want to cast. Open the Chromecast app, then tap the Menu button and select Cast screen/audio.
Why wont some videos play on Chromecast?
Turning the Chromecast, mobile device, and router off and on again at the same time can actually resolve many casting related issues. First try turning off your Chromecast by unplugging it, and while it’s unplugged power off your mobile device and home router. Turn on your Chromecast. Turn on your mobile device.
How do I cast MP4 from iPhone to Chromecast?
Cast movies & shows to a TV
- Connect your iPhone or iPad and your Chromecast to the same wireless network.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Tap Library. Movies or TV shows.
- Choose a movie or show.
- Tap Cast .
- From the list, select your Chromecast.
- On the Google Play Movies & TV app, tap Play.
Can Chromecast play local files?
Google Chromecast is designed to provide internet streaming content. But with an extension and a little know-how, you can stream your local files to it. Out of the box, the Chromecast allows you to send YouTube, Netflix, and music, TV, and movies from Google Play.
How do I play MKV files on Chromecast?
Cast from Android
- Make sure that both the phone and Chromecast are running on the same Wi-Fi.
- Open the Google Home app on your phone.
- Tap Cast screen.
- You can control the volume in the Home app.
- You can use any app of your choice to play your MKV file.
Why can’t I play MP4 files on my TV?
According Plex official websites, native video support is typically limited to the MP4 container, H. 264 video encoding, and AAC audio. So come MP4 files which contain other codecs may not be streamed well. So you need an audio re-encoder tool to help you make the codec right.