How do I connect to QNAP VPN Server?
Log into the NAS and go to “Control Panel” > “Application” > “VPN Client” > click “Add” and choose “OpenVPN” to connect to a VPN server. Enter the connection configuration settings, including the profile name, server address (that you want to connect to), and the username and password of the VPN server.
How do I connect to QNAP remotely?
myQNAPcloud is a service that allows users to access their QNAP device remotely via the Internet. Before using the remote access service, you need to register a myQNAPcloud account (QID) using your email address. Alternatively, you can sign up using a Google or Facebook account on QNAP account center.
What is QBelt?
QBelt is a proprietary communications protocol incorporating DTLS and AES-256 encryption. QVPN 2.1.
What port does QNAP use?
|Service Name||Default Port Number|
|NAS web (HTTPS)||443|
|NetBIOS/ Samba||137, 138, 139, 445|
|Network File System (NFS)||2049, 111, dynamic ports|
How do I access my NAS through VPN?
For Windows 7:
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Connect to a workplace.
- Select Use my Internet connection (VPN).
- Enter the IP address of your Synology NAS in the Internet address field.
- Enter your DSM user credentials and click Connect to connect to the VPN Server.
How do I access QNAP server?
Accessing the NAS Using Qfinder Pro
- Open Qfinder Pro. Qfinder Pro automatically searches for all QNAP NAS devices on the network.
- Locate the NAS in the list and then double-click the name or IP address. The QTS login screen opens in the default web browser.
- Specify your user name and password.
- Click Login.
How do I access my NAS from anywhere?
To connect to your NAS device from somewhere outside your home, you’d need to know your network’s external IP address, which can change. In this case, a better option is to use Dynamic DNS, which assigns a web address to your home network. Look for the Dynamic DNS section in your router’s management page.