Does sysprep generalize remove drivers?
Generalizing the image removes computer-specific information such as installed drivers and the computer security identifier (SID). You can either use Sysprep by itself or Sysprep with an unattend answer file to generalize your image and make it ready for deployment.
How do I add drivers to a boot image?
- Open a CMD prompt as Administrator.
- Navigate to C:\Mount.
- Use the following DISM commands to mount the boot. wim:
- Use the following DISM command to add the driver: DISM /Image:C:\Mount\BootWIM /Add-Driver /Driver:C:\Mount\Drivers /recurse.
- Use the following DISM command to unmount the Boot. wim:
How do I capture an image using sysprep Windows 7?
Capture Windows 7 Reference Image Using WDS
- On Windows 7 (works on 8 or 10 as well), press the Windows icon key + R to open run command.
- Type sysprep and then press enter.
- Choose OOBE (Enter System Out-of-Box Experience) and select Generalize.
- Once the sysprep has been completed.
How do I keep drivers sysprep?
Keep installed drivers after running SYSPREP
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\Sysprep\Settings\sppnp.
- Select Edit – New DWORD value.
- Enter a name of PersistAllDeviceInstalls.
- Set to a value of 1 and click OK.
Why do you use sysprep before capturing an image?
Sysprep features Removes PC-specific information from the Windows image, including the PC’s security identifier (SID). This allows you to capture the image and apply it to other PCs. This is known as generalizing the PC.
How do I integrate a USB drive in Windows 7?
Please follow the steps,
- Step 1 – Create Windows 7 bootable USB drive from Windows 7 ISO file.
- Step 2 – Download and unpack Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver.
- Step 3 – Run PowerISO DISM Tool.
- Step 4 – Mount WIM file in the USB drive.
- Step 5 – Patch drivers into the image.
- Step 6 – Unmount WIM file.
How do I add a new driver to WDS?
SOLVED: How to Add Drivers in WDS Windows Deployment Services
- Open your WDS MMC, expand the server in question and then expand DRIVERS.
- Select ADD DRIVER PACKAGE,
- Select SELECT ALL DRIVER PACKAGES FROM A FOLDER and browse to a folder that contains your unpacked drivers.
How do I run an image through Sysprep?
GUI Mode. Start the Sysprep.exe utility Run as administrator located in folder C:\Windows\System32\sysprep directory. Tick the Generalize checkbox and select Shutdown options. Shutdown – Once sysprep complete, machine will automatically shutdown.
How do I deploy an image to Sysprep?
Deploying a Sysprep WIM image
- To launch the OS Deployment Wizard select the Wizards > OS Deployment menu item.
- Select Your OSD Manager .
- Click Next to go to the following wizard page.
- In the Deployment Type window select the WIM Image Mode option and click Next to continue.
What is Sysprep command?
The Sysprep /generalize command removes unique information from your Windows installation so that you can safely reuse that image on a different computer. The next time that you boot the Windows image, the specialize configuration pass runs.