Can IEnumerable be serialized?
According to Json.Net documentation all IEnumerable types should be serialized as json array.
What is XML serialization in c#?
Serialization is the process of converting an object into a form that can be readily transported. The central class in XML serialization is the XmlSerializer class, and the most important methods in this class are the Serialize and Deserialize methods. The XmlSerializer creates C# files and compiles them into .
How to serialize and deserialize XML in c#?
XmlSerializer to serialize it.
- public T DeserializeToObject(string filepath) where T : class.
- System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer ser = new System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(typeof(T));
- using (StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(filepath))
- return (T)ser.Deserialize(sr);
How do you serialize an object in C#?
The general steps for serializing are,
- Create an instance of File that will store serialized object.
- Create a stream from the file object.
- Create an instance of BinaryFormatter.
- Call serialize method of the instance passing it stream and object to serialize.
What is serialize JSON?
The SerializeJSON function converts all other ColdFusion data types to the corresponding JSON types. It converts structures to JSON Objects, arrays to JSON Arrays, numbers to JSON Numbers, and strings to JSON Strings.
What is DeserializeObject JSON C#?
Deserialization. In Deserialization, it does the opposite of Serialization which means it converts JSON string to custom . Net object. In the following code, it calls the static method DeserializeObject() of the JsonConvert class by passing JSON data. It returns a custom object (BlogSites) from JSON data.
What is the difference between serialize and deserialize?
Serialization is a mechanism of converting the state of an object into a byte stream. Deserialization is the reverse process where the byte stream is used to recreate the actual Java object in memory. This mechanism is used to persist the object. The byte stream created is platform independent.
Can you serialize Hashtables and why?
Hashtable is not supported because it implements IDictionary. That doesn’t mean that it’s literally impossible to serialize a hash table.